Sunday 27 November 2016

RIDING ON THE WINGS OF LOVE


The day before yesterday was the hurricane disaster,

Yesterday is the Morning after

Today is a new Chapter

Your Lured me, enticed me, instead of looking away, i fell for your irresistible charm

I didn’t think twice since i felt you were not capable of any harm

I took you in, walked down the aisle, we took vows

Things started to change ,the honeymoon after

Dived into a darker chapter

No more deep talk, no more pillow fights, i started feeling shortchanged

Little did i know that this was the early signs of the hurricane tide

Came as a shock to me because i thought we were in for the ride

Then the hurricane stormed in

You started treating me like a staircase

Made my life a mess

Always going On my daily routine in a mess

To the roof ,piling up was my stress

You imprisoned me, turned me into a slave

Tried to leave the prison house when i saw the trapdoor

But you said no,

Refused to let me go

Hypnotized me by your dynamic charms, massaging my ego

Seemed to contemplated of what you did and changed your mind

The Gifts came flowing in, you gave me a shoulder to lean on

Little did i know i was being peed on

The more i received your gifts, the more i felt the Chains

Started mistreating me, going out late night

Leaving me in the cold night

Late night thoughts creeping in , driving me insane

Blinded the eyes of my Heart so i couldn’t see the trapdoor through your charms

Every time i seemed worried, you often pretended to care , stretching wide your arms

And being weary i would fall into your arms

Often administered the placebo and its effect went a mile

In that even in sombre situations i would always crack a smile

Saying to myself it’s been a while

This went on till that day i eavesdropped the conversation you and your bestie CONTINUE READING IN THIS FREE BOOKLET
Follow on Twitter