Monday 14 November 2016

First Time Online Dating:Phew!That was Close

I recently joined this dating site (name withheld) to give it a try.Perused through the profiles and after a day spent requesting matches with other dates, I had struck out.A brunette in her mid 20s.We clicked from the word
READ ALSO: A LOVE THAT CAN NEVER BE FULLY COMPREHENDED
Go! After giving her my caller ID


,She messaged me later in the evening and we started knowing each other deeply. A lot of winky and smiley face emoji ensued. They had a deafening subtext of: “I hope you’re not a serial killer!(I had seen movies about series killers who prey on young teenagers on online dating sites)“I hope you’re not either! ;)" she would reply.My trust started building up. That is, until she asked me for a sleep over


I was shocked.This creepy text sent me into a panic attack.A mere stranger asking for a sleep over?I cast my fears and she told me not to worry about a thing as she lived in a gated community and I could inform my relatives on my whereabouts in case something went wrong.I Swallowed my fears and decided to agree.She gave me her address and told her I'm on the way which she responded with "Waiting :-)

RELATED: CAUGHT IN THE TRAP OF THE LATE NIGHT NURSE :PART 1 


headed down the hallway. There were echoes of babies crying and someone playing Rise and fall by club adventure way too loud. Finally I had found her door. I breathed in deep and knocked.She opened the door. I blinked twice and


saw her standing there. She was beautiful. Just as she had advertised. She wore a Little black hypnotizing dress outfit and had her hair balled up. “Hey, Biznerati :-)!” She smiled wide “hey, Nana :-). Nice to meet you.”Followed by an involuntary hug and brought me inside her crib .“It’s almost like I’ve known you forever after our talk earlier, is that weird?” She guided me to the recliner and we sat down next to each other all smiles. I felt intrigued by her – and I wanted to get to know her better. She was a solid ten– an absolute bombshell. “No that’s not weird. I think we should go out and stuff, you know—“


She chuckled and stood up. “Yeah, maybe. I’ve got something else for you tonight, though. It’s special.” "Oooh talk dirty to me"She winked at me and disappeared into her kitchen.She left me skimming through her picture album. I heard pots and pans clinking together in the kitchen. I raised my voice to get her attention. “Nishakula!!!!Hakuna haja"(I’ve already eaten so there’s no need—)“ “Oh no, lazima utek ii meal.Nimeiprepare just for you.Na insist" "Okay,if you insist,Can I join you at kitchen" I requested and she told me why not.So I joined in preparing jollof rice :-) We had talked about music genres earlier, so I figured I’d break the silence with some more convo. “You said you liked black panther hip hop , huh? That’s pretty impressive for a lady” She looked at me “What are you talking about?” I was shocked.Was I on the wrong date?“I was just asking if you loved black panther hip hop which you had earlier talked about" She cocked her head and raised a brow. She laughed with a wheeze, “Oh, right. Yeah"

RELATED: CAUGHT IN THE TRAP OF THE LATE NIGHT NURSE:PART 2 


She stood down next to me and kept a creepy smile on her face.This sent a chill down my spine. It struck me as odd that she didn’t know what I had been talking about. I expected her to start spouting off black panther Hiphop tracks . There wasn’t any of that. I decided to press her about things that we had talked about earlier. “You said you liked to treadmilling and even said you had a treadmill in your crib – I don’t see one?” I asked. “What's a treadmill?. .No. I have a hammock.” I blinked hard. She stood up and walked back toward the living room “You look tense. I’m gonna get a drink from the refrigerator – do you want something?” “No, I’m okay, thanks tho .” I started letting my mind wander. Who was she? Everything so far other than her appearance seemed to be phony. I started scheming on ways of getting out of the pan. While hearing her opening and closing cupboards in the adjacent room I nudged away the carpet with my foot.I noticed a subtle trail of dried red that had glazed the top of the carpet and disappeared at the entrance of the kitchen.


Before I could i Come into conclusion,she appeared again with two white porcelain mugs. “What is going on here?” I stood up and shuffled towards the door. She intercepted me and raised her hand to my neck. We locked eyes. "What are you planning huh,i worked all day to make this day a success and this is what I get?She said in a vocal fry."Im sorry,twill never happen "I told her. She let go of her hand and proceeded to the table.Thats where I got my chance. I threw the door open and ran as fast I could As I left, I looked behind me to make sure she didn’t follow
When I reached my crib,i took a hot shower and logged into my account only to find Her profile gone along with all of her messages. No trace of her. I searched for a few minutes, scrolling up and down frantically on my phone but she was no longer on.


If you feel you have been scammed or ripped in the online dating world,you can file a complaint

 HERE«««« 

 Follow on Twitter